Sunday, June 1, 2008

the physics of graduate school

Still in graduate school, I haven't failed out yet! In fact, a few weeks ago I managed to pass my finals and in so doing, finish the six core courses. Now all I need is to pass the Qualifying exam at the end of August and I will officially be a candidate for the Ph.D. No small matter, I also have a lot of actual physics to do this summer. I will be spending a total of three weeks working on the LUX 0.1 detector at Case Western Reserve in Cleveland, OH. I'll also be working on the DAQ for the full LUX detector, as well as experiments at Brown with Avalanche Photodiodes. So, it's a busy summer, and as always, it doesn't look as thought it will be letting up anytime soon. Wish me luck, and forgive me for updating infrequently.

No comments: