Thursday, August 23, 2007

myPhone, Seattle

It happened. It actually happened. Well in advance of my birthday I have been gifted an iPhone from Mike and Wendi. While I typically don't like (or at least don't feel good about) accepting generous gifts, I wanted and iPhone so bad that I had no qualms accepting this one.

This gift was given to Erin and I for our birthdays while we visited them last weekend in Seattle, WA. It was a really fun trip, and very interesting. I was really impressed with the architecture of the new houses going up out there. It had the feel of a housing development that I had been used to in Arizona, but vertical (on the mountains for the views) and not every house was the same. Different models next to each other (though very close together) and the styles were very cool. Sort of a rugged country architecture, with a modern feel. A lot better than the adobe clay walls in the southwest, and even better than the victorian or colonial style houses of the northeast. Another interesting thing was the way the communities were arranged. Everybody wants a view of the mountains out there, so on a small mountain where houses are going up, they'll start with low income apartments on the bottom, then townhouses, small houses, large houses, and then mansions on the top of the mountain. It was oddly reminiscent of labor union days and segregation by income.

There were lots of other cool things on the trip that I can't mention here, except to say that it was all very fun, and I got an iPhone.

No comments: